What to expect at your first visit
When you arrive at the clinic, we will give you an intake form to fill out, which includes a health history. The form is similar to what you might be required to fill out at any medical visit. After you complete this form, you will meet with the practitioner of your choice. Together, you will discuss your health history and current issues. Based on this discussion, the practitioner will develop a treatment protocol that is tailored specifically for you and you will receive a full acupuncture treatment.
Important things to keep in mind for your first visit
- The initial visit will last approximately two hours.
- We recommend that you be well-hydrated for your visit.
- It is a good idea to eat a light meal or snack at least one hour prior to the treatment.
- Loose, comfortable clothing is ideal for acupuncture treatments. You may come dressed or bring clothing with you and change here at the clinic.
- Please bring a list of the medications, vitamins and supplements you currently take with dosage amounts noted.