Andrew Nowosad, MSOM, L.Ac.
Andrew’s path in the field of medicine began early in life, springing from 15 years training in martial arts. It was during that time, he was first exposed to the power and transformative strength acupuncture and Chinese medicine has on the body, mind and spirit.
Active in the field of acupuncture and healthcare since 2000, Andrew holds a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine from the prestigious Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, New Mexico. At SWAC, he received training in oncology, sports medicine, and Japanese acupuncture, a gentle, results-oriented approach to treatment.
Andrew utilizes multiple advanced methods of acupuncture. He has trained with Kiiko Matsumoto in the Japanese style, studied the Balance Method with Dr. Tan, Five Element Acupuncture with Lonny Jarrett, pulse diagnosis with Dr. Leon Hammer, and learned Master Tung style acupuncture. More recently, Andrew is training in Advanced Esoteric Acupuncture with Dr. Mikio Sankey. He finds that, by employing multiple styles, he is better able to address the unique physical and emotional conditions of each client in his care and guide them toward their highest potential in life and wellness.
Medicines from the Earth Herbal Symposium has been an annual inspiration for Andrew, providing the knowledge and inspiration for his own unique herbal formulas to treat internal disorders. He is passionate about creating amazing food and medicine to nourish body and soul. Andrew is often described as an intuitive practitioner, and he sees himself as a friend, guide and facilitator of conscious change.
Acupuncture, NADA (Auricular Acupuncture), Trigger Point (Dry Needling) and Motor Point Therapy for acute/ chronic pain, DN Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Herbal Medicine, Nutritional counseling, Cupping, Gua-sha, operating a Community Clinic since 2008.
Andrew treats a spectrum of health conditions, including:
- Emotional health and well-being, treating stress, depression, anxiety, and trauma
- Neurological issues –headaches/ migraines
- Acute and chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis.
- Preparation for surgery and post-op recovery care
- Insomnia and sleep issues
- Addictions- smoking, alcohol, drugs, and sugar
- Men’s health- fertility, erectile dysfunction and prostatitis
- Women’s health- infertility, pre and post-natal care, hormonal imbalance, pre-mentral (PMS), and Menopause support
- Dietary and digestive issues, Diabetes, metabolic imbalance, obesity
- Immune health and support during Cancer treatments
- Hypertension and Cardiovascular disease support